• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clay/Earthenware Glazed Sign - HELP!

Bigdawg

Just Me
Has anyone seen this before or knows where to even start on these to find a manufacturer? These appear to be an earthenware or clay that is glazed with recessed letters and the outer border is wood...

I have never seen a process like this before so HELP! I don't even know enough to google search it and find what I'm looking for...

although I did find lots of links to pottery makers :smile:

Attachments

• TPC Prestancia_0004.jpg
    TPC Prestancia_0004.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 99

CanuckSigns

very strange, they look like they were made by an artisan, as opposed to being manufactured, do you have any local pottery groups in your area? they may be able to help more than we can.

Jillbeans

Are they just standard stock phrases like MEN WOMEN OFFICE PRIVATE etc?
Maybe check out some sort of retro restaurant, office or renovation catalog site.
I can't think of any names though.
Love....Jill

Bigdawg

Just Me
Are they just standard stock phrases like MEN WOMEN OFFICE PRIVATE etc?
Maybe check out some sort of retro restaurant, office or renovation catalog site.
I can't think of any names though.
Love....Jill

They are Jill... I think we are doing a men and a woman's sign. Total change in management, etc so no way to back track how they were originally done.

sar bossier

These appear to be custom tiles, I know you used to be able to find ceramic tile artists, that will custom create tiles for Kitchen, bath, or in this case - business. Maybe Google custom ceramic tile?

BobM

Mr. Chips can make the reverse carved signs which he then can send to OP......)))))))) who can press them into the raw pottery which then can be colored, glazed and fired. See, a solution using our :signs101: community. Or we can all keep looking for "Glazed pottery directional signage".

artbot

that look can easily be recreated with mdf. you'll need to route a file with a cnc. the sandblast the piece. soak it with soak it with lacquer color (spray paint colors). then torch it. the do a little more color, lightly sand, and clear coat.

i used to make large wall pieces this way. and seriously you couldn't tell the differnce between it and ceramics until you came up to it and knocked on it.