• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cleaner for Mimaki JV3!!!!!!

tooserious

I run a JV3(factory ss2 inks) and am tired of paying 50.00 for the 1/2 full bottle of cleaning solution with the useless gloves.....can I use acetone to clean??? Is there an alternative to the cleaning solution Thank you Dennis All Signs

tooserious

I have done that...it doesn't smell as strong?? Can Acetone be used around the capping station etc??? just not in the capping station??

iceman64

You can use aceton, but that's more agressive and dryes out your rubber.
Use it to clean and use a bit of solution after it. Much cheaper and your capping and wiper are treated well. I'd rather NOT use aceton for nozzle-wash.

Hope this will do, good luck

gabagoo

I see now where the cleaning carts cost just as much as the cleaning fluid...oz for oz.

In the long run if you think how long the bottle lasts, it is not really such an expense that you need to risk possibly ruining crucial parts of your printer with acetone.