• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cleaning a wrap?

ilikespam9002

I did a search on this and couldnt find anything so if there is a link already will someone paste it here for me.

Today i washed our 3 week old company van vehicle wrap and there is a blackness to it that will not come off some has come from the weatherstriping some from mildew because of humidity in morning and it not running off it just beads up and stays there.the mildew came off but still left a residue that i cant get off.I tried rapid and i have tried straight bleach neither did anything.We used 3m wrap and laminate materials.We have a customer with a large fleet of trailers to be wrapped straight white and do not want this to be a problem.We will not be laminating the material.All help will be appreciated.

Mosh

We will not be laminating the material

So the wrap is going to be just white, no printing?

I have a wrap on one of my company trucks, been on for 5 years and still looks good. Are you parking under a tree?

ilikespam9002

No print just white.they want new looking trailers.Wrap was cheaper than getting painted and we only have a day and a half turn around with two people on it.full wrap top to bottom.

no trees just a standard parking lot.

doesnt seem to be under laminate.

Last edited:

Des6139

This may sound simple but try water or soapy water,done many plain wraps with no laminate never any problems. It sounds like something in the atmosphere.
The trailers are handy to do provided your not covering the frame,one man will do a 45ft trailer in about 6 hours