• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cleaning subs for DTS printing

Howdy All,
Hope everyone is doing well in sign land. Does anyone have a good cleaning option for cleaning substrates for flatbed printing? We're on the Canon Arizona 1360 and have been printing on PVC, Ultraboard, coroplast and acrylic. Have been cleaning our subs (except acrylic) as recommended by the Canon Rep with a mixture of: denatured alcohol, simple green, and distilled water. About 15% of the time it's not removing fingerprints and we end up having to reprint. Does anyone have any recommendations? We even resorted to wearing latex gloves when handling the material. You know how it goes, it's only after you print do you see the finger prints. Thanks.

netsol

i am going to mix a gallon of that up and give it a try tomorrow
typically i just use isopropyl (possibly following a wipe with windex if we see a mess)

i am going to mix a gallon of that up and give it a try tomorrow
typically i just use isopropyl (possibly following a wipe with windex if we see a mess)
We use to use 99% iso but switched to the new mixture. Still at times would have invisible but nuclear greasy finger prints (jeez somebody wash your hands or wear gloves. It's enough to ruin your day when you're running full sheets of a full flood dark colored image on 1/2" ultraboard. The fingerprints just scream at you. Good grief! I guess just have to scrub harder.

bpp

Howdy All,
Hope everyone is doing well in sign land. Does anyone have a good cleaning option for cleaning substrates for flatbed printing? We're on the Canon Arizona 1360 and have been printing on PVC, Ultraboard, coroplast and acrylic. Have been cleaning our subs (except acrylic) as recommended by the Canon Rep with a mixture of: denatured alcohol, simple green, and distilled water. About 15% of the time it's not removing fingerprints and we end up having to reprint. Does anyone have any recommendations? We even resorted to wearing latex gloves when handling the material. You know how it goes, it's only after you print do you see the finger prints. Thanks.
We use the same "secret sauce" as they call it with the same results as you. My rep recently recommended I switch to the IJC358 inks, claims it's better on the fingerprints and better adhesion. I bought it and hope to do the flush one of these days. What ink set are you using? Anyone switched from the 57 to the 58 and have feedback?

amulle

We use the same "secret sauce" as they call it with the same results as you. My rep recently recommended I switch to the IJC358 inks, claims it's better on the fingerprints and better adhesion. I bought it and hope to do the flush one of these days. What ink set are you using? Anyone switched from the 57 to the 58 and have feedback?
+1 for the IJC358 inks. Virtually no fingerprints. It covers up small marks too. The only time you tend to see fingerprints is on light colored ink.

bpp

+1 for the IJC358 inks. Virtually no fingerprints. It covers up small marks too. The only time you tend to see fingerprints is on light colored ink.
I just started today with the flush, it says takes approximately 40 minutes, it took over 2 hours and that's each bag :banghead:

lol, have the canon tech here right now and he says the same 58 is better adhesion and at hiding fingerprints. Now just have to convince the boss man.

bpp

lol, have the canon tech here right now and he says the same 58 is better adhesion and at hiding fingerprints. Now just have to convince the boss man.
Just keep in mind it's $1400 in flush kits plus waste of current inks and over 10 hours of machine being down

Just keep in mind it's $1400 in flush kits plus waste of current inks and over 10 hours of machine being down
The canon tech just left and I asked that specifically - if a thorough flush would be required when going from 57 to 58, he said that it would flag us to do a mini flush. He said if we were going from 58 down to 57 it would require a thorough flush. Need to clarify that before hand. Thanks for your input.

bpp

The canon tech just left and I asked that specifically - if a thorough flush would be required when going from 57 to 58, he said that it would flag us to do a mini flush. He said if we were going from 58 down to 57 it would require a thorough flush. Need to clarify that before hand. Thanks for your input.

they told me that too until I tried to change it and it screwed me over