• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear paint protection film advise

Vinyldog

Getting ready to install clear paint protection film on my personal car and I wanted to use the custom cut EXPEL pieces that I have seen on Leno’s Garage, but because my car is so old, (2006), they only offer the front bumper and hood and I want complete coverage. So now I’m considering 3M Venture Shield, Hexis Body fence, and Oraguard 280. Haven’t been able to find EXPEL material by the roll.

All suggestions and opinions appreciated.
One big concern I have is with wash-ability. The only experience I have with wraps is the old Oracal 970 that I used on a previous vehicle. It became dingy quickly and they only recommended cleaning with a product specifically for wraps called Chrystal-Tec. Kinda like rubbing your car down with lotion, so easier than polishing, but I had to do it every few weeks. More care that I would like.
I would still like to just take the car through the automatic car wash ideally.