• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clearing Gerber Spooler?

calbanner

Hello....New to this forum, very impressed by the wealth of information. I need a little help. I have 2 computers running some old Graphix Advantage V. 6.21 Software. Recently I bought a new Graphtec Plotter FC7000-75 MK2.....Nice plotter by the way. Took me a while trying to get it Hooked up. Easy if you use the Master cutting software and the plug-in for Illustrator and Corel Draw and the USB Cable. But I am also running my old Graphix Advantage.....which I love to do my typesetting in. Took me a couple of days of dicking around before I found out that Graphtec has a proprietary Serial cable to use, which is the only way that you can use the Graphix Advantage software...The other problem was that you must choose HPGL Mode on the Graphtec plotter when outputing from Gerber and when outputing from the Master Cutting Software....you must choose SPGL Mode.
My current problem....If anyone can help is?
I seem to get a couple of plot spoolers that will not cut....they remain in my spooler regardless of multiple reboots. I select them and terminate then I must press "Cntrol Alt Del" to shut down Spooler program. After that I can send one job to the plotter with a successfull cut.....and then the previous sent spoolers appear again and lock up my ability to send another successful cut spooler until I "Cntrol Alt Del".
Never had this issue before.... Does anyone know how to clear the Gerber Spooler program. I am not sure what to do next. I bought the upgrade to Omega 1st version years ago....and did not care for it much and went back to Graphix Advantage....But am considering loading it up again. Thanks in Advance for any input.
Pete.

_SAi_

Hi,

Not sure if this will help you, but in the past when I had jobs stuck in the spooler I would first shut down the plotter, then close the spooler via ctrl-alt-del, then navigate to the folder for the spooler... not sure of name but could be gspqueue or something. In there will be some files that are the spooled jobs. The only one I used to make sure to keep was gsp.net. All of the rest I would delete. It will not let you delete them if the spooler is still running so you have to make sure it is closed.

Good luck!

iSign

You will most likely get your answer here eventually, and possibly quite fast... but just in case, I wanted to make sure you know about another forum, 4edgetalk.com because although it is a much less well attended forum, it does specialize on the Edge and Omega, and as a result it has many highly qualified Omega users who should be able to answer your question.

calbanner

Thanks SAi.....
You are correct....There is a folder in the C drive outside of GSP which is labeled "Queue" and you delete files from there and I have NOT touched the "gsp.net" file as you reccomended. Thanks.