• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Close Front Cover Message

signguy74

I'm getting a close front cover message on my Roland truvis Sg300 this morning. Cover is closed. Tried moving the switch forward some. Still the same. Can this switch be unplugged so I can print
till I get one or is there something else I can do, thanks

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Can you shove something into the sensor to trip it? That's what we did on our Rolands.............so we could open it without it pausing the print.

Paperclip worked well if I recall correctly.

signguy74

This is the cover on the right. I tried putting a cleaning swab into the sensor. still getting the message. were did you shove the paper clip in at

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Can you shove something into the sensor to trip it? That's what we did on our Rolands.............so we could open it without it pausing the print.

Paperclip worked well if I recall correctly.
We use the spongy tip of a swabbit, I'd take a photo for the OP, but our Roland is an XR640 - not sure if it would be in the same place?

signguy74

here's the sensor for right cover. Still got message when swab was inserted.
20230824_091304.jpg

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
those micro-switches can fail. You can try to carefully bend that small metal tab out away a little to make more positive contact, but if you depress it manually and don't feel any actual "click" then the switch is bad and needs to be replaced. Fortunately they're not terribly expensive.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
For a temporary fix: Unplug the switch and connect the two wires together, this will close the circuit.
That switch is there for a reason. REPLACE IT