• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color Calibration

MatthewTimothy

Im familiar with the Huey, and I've used the Spyder in the past for my monitors but have never used the print calibration set. I see that DataColor has come out with a Spyder 4 and the print studio is around 500 bucks. Curious to know what other options are out there for printer, monitor and icc profile calibrations units that some of you have used other than the Huey and Datacolor units. Please post up links, price, and experience.

Custom_Grafx

Im familiar with the Huey, and I've used the Spyder in the past for my monitors but have never used the print calibration set. I see that DataColor has come out with a Spyder 4 and the print studio is around 500 bucks. Curious to know what other options are out there for printer, monitor and icc profile calibrations units that some of you have used other than the Huey and Datacolor units. Please post up links, price, and experience.

I got an xrite i1 extreme package for around 1350 a couple years ago I think. This is now discontinued and the new version is what ^^he said.

Good and easy to use device, although I must say, it annoyingly hangs in the middle of a patch reading on my W7 machine and makes me swear every few weeks. Maybe the new version doesn't have this problem...

I believe the profiling software that comes with the newer version is also supposed to be a lot better than what I got, "i1 match".

There is also a device called Barbieri I think, which can read/measure reflective materials, however I have no experience with these. They are, of course, very pricy. I also remember coming across some information about readers with larger apertures for measuring more textured or mesh type materials, again, more costly I think.

jkdbjj

I've done hundreds of profiles, and I can say without a doubt the best advice is to hire a person for one day to teach you hands on, and then go to town on your media! Good luck!