• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color change wrap. Vehicle not parked in a garage!

Dennis422

I have a customer that wants to wrap his F150 in a metallic matte color change vinyl.
The only issue is that his car will not be parked in the garage, it will be parked outside in the elements.

Should I warn him about possible issues (If there will be excessive ones)?
I have told him about different warranties on vertical and horizontal installed vinyl, but will the vinyl be affected even more because vehicle is not in the garage some of the time?

Anyone had the same experience? Should I even worry about this?

Thanks

ExecuPrintGS

What brand of material will you be using?
I have my winter beater wrapped in 3m matte blue metallic, it sits outside year round and doesn't move for 6 months out of the year while not in use (for winter).
It has significant "burn" marks on the horizontal surfaces from a lack of care.
I think if when you are done wrapping it you use a good aftercare product, and the customer takes care of it you will be fine. If they neglect it like i do, they will have issues with any brand.
Also may want to look into the ceramic coating when you are done with the wrap, I've heard a lot of good things about that helping keep the wrap looking nice.

Dennis422

They love Avery Matte Metallic gunmetal gray.
They guy takes care of his truck, and he is pretty good with detailing (Used to be car detailer before).

ExecuPrintGS

I would think he will be fine, i would still advise that things may happen.
Give them a good wrap care product (pretty sure avery has one, otherwise croftgate is good) and suggest they use it every week.

Dennis422

This is a response from an Avery customer rep. She talked to the tech department:
"I just spoke with one of our Technical Sales Representatives and she said the material carries the same warranty regardless of the time the vehicle is outside."

That clarifies it!

Yes, I will def suggest that he uses aftercare products.

Thanks