• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

color management epson 9880/9600

benski

I am new to sublimation printing, sports jerseys etc. Recently Ive realized I cannot heat press a grey color?
I've read on here about RIP's and such, would that help me and are they printer model specific or any software will do?
Thanks

WildWestDesigns

I am new to sublimation printing, sports jerseys etc. Recently Ive realized I cannot heat press a grey color?
I've read on here about RIP's and such, would that help me and are they printer model specific or any software will do?
Thanks

Are you heat pressing a grey shirt or are you trying to sublimate an unfinished shirt grey?

If it's the former, it's going to depend on what shade of grey (the lighter the shirt the better).

benski

Are you heat pressing a grey shirt or are you trying to sublimate an unfinished shirt grey?

If it's the former, it's going to depend on what shade of grey (the lighter the shirt the better).

I'm pressing on white polyester . Any designs that are grey turn out beige?
I pressed a swatch with about 50 greys and once pressed not one turned out light or dark grey mostly different shades of beige.
Ben

WildWestDesigns

I'm pressing on white polyester . Any designs that are grey turn out beige?
I pressed a swatch with about 50 greys and once pressed not one turned out light or dark grey mostly different shades of beige.
Ben

That's definitely a color management issue.

Are there color palettes for your inkset? Do you have your driver setup for that particular substrate? Especially if you are printing directly from a design program and not a RIP.

Most people in the sublimation world like Wasatch as a RIP. It may or may not be as popular in the signage print world, but in my experience most people are running that RIP for sublimation.

benski

That's definitely a color management issue.

Are there color palettes for your inkset? Do you have your driver setup for that particular substrate? Especially if you are printing directly from a design program and not a RIP.

Most people in the sublimation world like Wasatch as a RIP. It may or may not be as popular in the signage print world, but in my experience most people are running that RIP for sublimation.

I guess Im gonna say no to both. I use inks from China as I print all day long. I use a graphic designer and we both use photoshop but I was not aware of color palettes designated to inks. As for driver I will look into it, I have tried so many settings with managing colors and profiles and always same result. At the moment I am working on installing Multirip but will also give Wasatch a go. Thanks again.