• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color matching

Pheck

I have a sp300 that I printed the Roland color chart on to be able to use the swatch colors in my illustrator files. When I pick the color from the chart and print it out in design file it prints lighter then it is on the chart.
I am new to this arena so any help will be appreciated.

Ragnabrok

in the job settings, under file format, you'll see any roland colours you've selected in the window, a a "convert spot colours" button. make sure that convert is checked, and that you can see your colours in the window.

Also when you print the chart, it uses the default profile for queue a, so likely generic vinyl. you can change the default profile in queue a settings, and print it again with the profile you use if it's other than the current setting.

Pheck

in the job settings, under file format, you'll see any roland colours you've selected in the window, a a "convert spot colours" button. make sure that convert is checked, and that you can see your colours in the window.

Also when you print the chart, it uses the default profile for queue a, so likely generic vinyl. you can change the default profile in queue a settings, and print it again with the profile you use if it's other than the current setting.

Thank you I will go back and check that.