• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Guy Colorado M, Onyx, and Vinyl thickness settings question.

MissEmmaLee

Thanks for any information about this. I'm new to vinyl printing and have been given the reigns to this amazing printer. I've been shadowing the only person who has used this, and he's not up on much about it.

I've watched as different vinyls get loaded and treated like the same on a Roodle vinyl setting and same Reflective vinyl setting. I noticed a feel in the vinyls as different weights. I noticed the numbers inside the roll are slightly different. The rolls are taken out, and box discarded.

Two questions
Does the feed for the vinyl change when settings change, causing some vinyl to fight getting fed into the printer from the roll.

And do the product numbers (I believe thats what they are) that differ in one or two digits mean a different weight, but same "family", like white matte?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Long time Colorado owner & operator here.

Technically speaking, when loading a roll of vinyl, you need to select the same vinyl on the Colorado's user interface.
For example, if it's Avery MPI 3300, there should be Avery MPI 3300 on the screen. If you load Avery MPI 2000 on it, you should select Avery MPI 2000.
While you could use the same setting for both, one could be heavier, more flexible/stiff than the other and can act differently.

In saying that, it's up to the operator to have the profiles loaded on the Colorado already.

All the settings are located in the profile inside onyx.

If you're not to familiar with it, if the colorado was installed correctly, there should be a QR code sticker somewhere on the machine you can scan. It should take you to reference videos.

MissEmmaLee

Long time Colorado owner & operator here.

Technically speaking, when loading a roll of vinyl, you need to select the same vinyl on the Colorado's user interface.
For example, if it's Avery MPI 3300, there should be Avery MPI 3300 on the screen. If you load Avery MPI 2000 on it, you should select Avery MPI 2000.
While you could use the same setting for both, one could be heavier, more flexible/stiff than the other and can act differently.

In saying that, it's up to the operator to have the profiles loaded on the Colorado already.

All the settings are located in the profile inside onyx.

If you're not to familiar with it, if the colorado was installed correctly, there should be a QR code sticker somewhere on the machine you can scan. It should take you to reference videos.
Yup, I scroll through them all . Is there a way to edit the list? It's ridiculously lengthy. I'm sure a default setting, and my coworker is pretty clueless.

This is a Ferrari that hasn't been out of 2nd gear.