• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colors look pretty good!

midnightmadman

I think I have my setting pretty good.
Just one thing.
When I do a print, say a 20x20 if there is say for instance red the first 1" of the print that has red is kind of muddy and then as it gets further into the print the more vibrant and red it prints.
What could that be?

Im also getting a little bit of bleeding between colors. For instance. If there is a sold black fill with a red boarder the black is bleeding into the red

midnightmadman

Yes the heaters are on. I think I may need to cut down the amount of ink.
In the profile properties it says:
c - 90%(grayed out)
y - 90%(grayed out) - m +lm + y 2x - 80%
m - 90%(grayed out) - c + lc + y 2x - 80%
b - 90%(grayed out) - c + lc + m + lm - 2x 80%
lc - 90%(grayed out) - c + lc + m + lm + y - 2x 80%
lm - 90%(grayed out)

Jackpine

I run my heaters as high as I can without the media buckling. I would turn them down if I started to get banding. Ink running, lower the ink limits in the rip and turn up the heat. I run my heaters at 45/50 or 50/50.

Compilla

I don't print from Flexi. I have printed from Fexi but prefer Ciberprint. www.ciberprint.com. This RIP is a very easy to make changes. It has very good control of the file and output.

Sounds good. The only RIPS I used it is Flexi and some wasach.
When printing photos using SAi RIP the all come out "redish" if I print the same exact file on wasach comes out fine. Sadly the wasach demo version ended lol.

scallahan

Sounds like you could be getting some cross contamination in your capping station. Make sure stations are draining properly.

schurms

Take your print head away from the capping station and look at the cap. The cap should not be saturated or puddling , it should be stained and wet but no excess ink on the top of the capping station.

midnightmadman

Take your print head away from the capping station and look at the cap. The cap should not be saturated or puddling , it should be stained and wet but no excess ink on the top of the capping station.

There is no puddle but they both look soaked with ink.

They look like wet sponges.

The one on the right is dark green and the left one is dark purple.