• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ColorSpan 72UVX: How to prep for storage

hydo1

I have a ColorSpan 72UVX series printer that I want to part out after an unsuccessful run at selling it. Does anyone know what the procedure is for shutting it down to store and preserving the printheads?

Along the same lines, what are the most popular parts to get rid of? I am thinking the UV Power Supply & Lights, Carriage Mainboard & Print Heads, Computer Unit, Vacuum Unit. Any tips are appreciated.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Do you have the manual that came with it? I believe there is a head flushing/purging procedure for storage in it.

If you don't have it, I might be able to dig up the PDF version I have of the manual.

hydo1

Do you have the manual that came with it? I believe there is a head flushing/purging procedure for storage in it.

If you don't have it, I might be able to dig up the PDF version I have of the manual.

I think I have it in storage around here somewhere, I will hunt around for it. Was just trying to see if someone knew off the top of their head. Thanks!

hydo1

Well I found the manual and there is a procedure to prep for storage. However the option they refer to isn't on my particular printer. If someone knows the manual way of doing it I would be very thankful.