• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Complete cuts

DizzyMarkus

All of a sudden (or so I think lol) the cuts on a Roland sp300v dont seem to fully meet up from start to finish -- sorry hard to explain -- when cutting an O-- the start and stops seem to leave a very very tiny tab instead of cutting all the way around. What should the proper setting be ?

thank you greatly,
Markus

demandattention

in VersaWorks you need to adjust your .eps margin. Mine is set to .25 or you might need to replace your cutting strip. Hope this helps.

DizzyMarkus

Thank you for the eps -- I thought it was suppose to be set @ .5 ? It has been and hasnt presented an issue -- will try -- thank you

I think this may be the issue -- the offset -- Im at home ATM but will post the settings when I return to the shop. Thats whyI asked what the setting were :0)

thanks a ton,
Markus

DizzyMarkus

I still seem to be having this issue -- I am on a new blade and adjusted the balde holder pressure till its right on. Currently cutting @ 90 and as slow as 6. The letter cuts great except for the start stop areas still -- the piece is soooooo small but enough (specially on white) to pull letters up while weeding ---- I get angry hehehe. Its just letters of the 1" size. The vinyl is Ora651.
I have looked around and blanked out to find the offset function either in Flexi or the SP-300's Menus. Help please :banghead:

Thanks folks,
Markus

DRPSignsNGrafix

If it's doing it only on font's. It may be cause the font isn't a true font. I ran into this awhile back with a font set that I got. From a free site. Needless to say it was the font that was wrong. looks fine on screen but when cuts it would leave a small space at start and end points.

DizzyMarkus

Ah ha to the TTF that may be the culprit. I am going to run a test of a few fonts and see what becomes of it -- thank you If I weld or Convert to outlines it shouldnt do that correct?

On the BPS Its a used machine(sp-300v) in which the rep had "gone through it" before bringing it down. I have checked it out and it doesnt appear to be all cut up or marked up in anyway -- thats what I am looking for on the strip right?

Thank you guys for all your help,
Markus