• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Complete sections of print missing? Versaworks/ PDF's...

lgroth

We just got a spanky new XR-640 and decided to use Versaworks with it... Complete colors/ sections of prints are not showing up in PDF files in the preview, nor do they print, yet they all show up and print fine when the files are resaved as EPS. These same PDF files work with our old Roland using Ergosoft Poster Print and our Fujifilm Acuity using Colorgate, just not with Versaworks. Using latest version of VW... Is there something I'm missing, is there some special setting to save PDF's that have to be different for VW than the other rips we use??? Stumped.....:banghead:

papabud

Lone Wolf
i dont use versaworks, but for me when something like that happens its usually a transparency that is effecting it. i know transparencies are handled different with different programs. not sure if this will help or at least be a starting point in looking into the problem

lgroth

That was sort of where my mind was going too... But the million dollar question is what to do about it so we don't have to set up separate files for each printer...

lgroth

Will try it! I've used a ton of rip software, but never VW. Every one seems to have that one thing....