• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Complex curved recessed areas techniques

Spencer Yonce

I have a kayak that I have been trying to wrap and I have spent hours and hours trying to get it past this curved recessed area that goes fully around the kayak. I will attach a picture to show you all what I am talking of. (The side of the recessed areas that were straight weren't bad) its the curves that is messing me up.

ANY help from you guys would be appreciated!!!

papabud

Lone Wolf
for something like this you have to "heat" it into place. its not easy and will take some time. or you can find a not very noticeable area and cut/reset your graphic also making sure you give a good amount of overlap

Spencer Yonce

for something like this you have to "heat" it into place. its not easy and will take some time. or you can find a not very noticeable area and cut/reset your graphic also making sure you give a good amount of overlap

Thanks for the quick reply! Any specific techniques you have for "heating it" into place? I have tried heating and feeding it in little by little.

papabud

Lone Wolf
you will want to stretch it. tack it down about a foot away form the curve, heat the whole area and press it into place.
i tell my new installers. think of shrink wrap. large area pressed into a small area and sucked into place.

Spencer Yonce

you will want to stretch it. tack it down about a foot away form the curve, heat the whole area and press it into place.
i tell my new installers. think of shrink wrap. large area pressed into a small area and sucked into place.

Okay! I will try that technique! again, thank you thank you. I've been up all night trying to get this done. Also, should I tack the entire curve down or work in sections?

papabud

Lone Wolf
i would work it into the curve some all the way and then a little more and then more. if you try to do it all the way in and then around you will have a mess of extra clumped up at the end