• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Computer freeze?

Deaton Design

My computer at home, which I use alot for artwork, is starting to freeze up on me. Every time it does it, I hear a click or two come from inside the tower, and then everything is froze up. Only way out is the power button on the tower. Ive use a program called regcure to check it out, it found quite a few things wrong, fixed them, still freezes. Could this be the hard drive going out?
CPU fan seems okay, power supply fan okay, inside is clean, all connections are solid. Anyone have any ideas? Techman?:smile:

PMG

when i herd a click click in the past ... not to soon after that the drive had a massive heart attack ,,i would be backing your stuff up fast!!!!!

Rhino

Usually, a click, click is the hard drive. Back up your data now and replace the hard drive.

Any decent computer shop (or you for that matter) should be able to "image" your hard drive and restore that image onto your new hard drive restoring your computer to exactly how it is now without having to install any software again.

Then, on the other hand, if your computer is slower than it should be, now would be a good time to backup your data, replace your hard drive and reinstall everything..