• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour-crop cuts off

landdesigns

Having a issue with my VP-300 (5 years old) doing contour cuts recently.
I do prints , laminate them, Put in printer, the printer cuts the graphics, the cuts are off the contour cut a lot when done cutting. I followed instructions in manual, did Print and crop test and they look good. Did a longer graphic 36inches today and the cut was off bad.

Thinking I need to call a tech, but thought I would post my issue to see if any has any suggestions.

thanks Todd

kanini

You don't have dirty or worn pinchrollers, do you? Take a check and clean/replace them if needed. Could help if the cut is more off on the longer cuts.

ova

Try doing a Factory Default reset.

Go to Menu and scroll to the Factory Default setting. Hit enter. This function only take a couple of seconds.

Now you'll need to do your calibrations for cutting prints again since all off sets will go to 0.0.

To check the cut, make five rectangles across the width of your media.[doesn't matter what color]. I use 2" x 3". Do a print cut with and without the registration marks. Use these to check to see how much you'll need to calibrate the printer.

Dave

MikeD

Is there a pattern to the mis-alignment? If it starts off bad and is consistent throughout the entire layout, then it could be a software setting. Does it start good and progressively get "off?" If that's the case, watch your media track. If the media doesn't feed squarely then check your pinch roll pressures.