• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Contour cut then die/perf/kiss cut with summa s120t

Hey guys,

First off, I love love love my summa. Its insanely accurate.

I am trying to figure out how to contour cut a decal and then die cut around it through the backing. I make the file with the contour line. I then make them separate cutting forces in Flexi and send the job. But when I adjust the force and speed in Flexi it has no effect on what the machine actually does. It continues to cut at what it was set to on the machine itself. Is this a setting in the cutter that will only cut in the user profile setting chosen?

thanks in advance!

FrankW

First of all, it is no good idea to simply cut through (with more pressure than kiss cut), because the vinyl looses stability when cutting holes into it, what leads to mistracking. For this purpose the machine have a functionality named FlexCut, what means it perforates the contours. The sticker remains in the vinyl, but can be easily removed out of the vinyl when the plot is finished. You will find it in the plotter menu, as far as I remember in the extended settings.

If the plotter ignores values you put in in Flexi, the following could be happened:

You have put in values, but haven‘t checked the checkbox in front of the value

In the communication submenu on the plotter, the tool commands are set to ignore

OK I found out about flexcut, and I did fix the setting that was causing the cutter to ignore values from Flexi. How do I set a file to do a contour cut and a Flexcut in one job? Do flexcut lines have to be a special color or name?

FrankW

When creating the cut contours in Flexi, just create two cut contours with different colours (color type, value and name doesn‘t matter). You can choose the colour in the design central when selecting „Cut Contour“ out of the menu „Effects“.

When sending this jobs through RIP and Print, you can assign different settings to this cut contours in the „driver options“. There is a „FlexCut Accurate“ Preset in the PopUp-Menu of the driver optionss window, but you can set the value for „tool“ to „6“ too. Set the sequence of the colours in a way that the Flexcut-Contour will be cutted at last.

FrankW

Of course, all what I have explained depends on the version of Flexi. I think this will not work with Flexi 6 or 7. Not shure about Flexi 8.

Ok I found the issue!! I had Flexcut turned on in cutter settings, it is supposed to be off, and then when you send a file with flexcut as a path it will turn it on automatically. FINALLY!! Thank you for the help hopefully anyone who needs help can find this.

To flexcut, I set up the flexcut settings like depth/pressure etc. in the cutter settings. But I left flexcut set to off. Then in Flexi I created a contour line or box around my graphic in a different line color than my other contour cut paths. I click rip/print or cut option and in the settings window I selected the color of line that Is supposed to be flexcut and changed the tool from tangential knife to flexcut accurate/fast either works. If someone down the road finds this, feel free to message or respond and I will be glad to help.