• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

contourcut for versaworks

DigitalBBQ

Hi Graphix,

There is a video put out by Graphtec showing you how to do the cut in illustrator:

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/FAQs/Perf_Cut_FC8000.html

You can also pick any color and call it Contour Cut from the swatch, and most cutter's production software will understand it. Check out the video to get related ideas. Corel draw work just about the same. Doing contour in Flexi Sign perhaps the easiest.

Bill43mx

<title>Creating Cut Data</title><!-- R6-080808 Adds Illustrator CS3, and changes "dialog" to "window" R3-061130 Revises wrong descriptions R1-061013 New --><link href="style.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet"><script src="section.js" type="text/javascript"></script>Here you go!

Step 1:Register the spot color

Follow the procedure below to register the spot color used for drawing cut lines into the Palette editor.
<!--
way.gif
Procedure
-->
  1. Click [Window] - [Color Palette] - [Palette Editor].
    The [Palette Editor] window appears.
  2. From the list box, select [Custom Spot Colors], and then click [Add Color].
    The [Select Color] window appears.
  3. Click the [Models] tab, select the desired color, and then click [Add to Palette].
  4. Click [Close] to close the [Select Color] window.
  5. Select the "created" spot color, and then enter "CutContour" in [Name].
    Names of spot colors are case-sensitive, so make sure the name is typed correctly.
  6. Click [OK] to save the settings.

iSign Wraps

Bill is right on the money, make sure it is from the spot color swatch. I have issues with this in X4. Sometimes it reverts back to cmyk values and stops working. It also stops when I try to add it to my cmyk pallet so I made a pallet just for it. I don't seem to have any problems with it in X3. Opened ticket on it with Corel and Roland when X4 first came out. The issue is resolved in a big way in x5

Bill43mx

Thanks guys but I can't take credit for the knowledge......I just copied and pasted that from Versaworks help. I knew that's what I followed when I set mine up. :peace!:
You can also import the Roland Spot Color Pallette into Corel and there is a CutContour color already set up.

<title>Using Roland Color System Library</title><!-- R6-080808 Adds procedure for CorelDRAW R4-070226 Corrected misdescriptions R3-061130 New --><link href="style.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet"><script src="section.js" type="text/javascript"></script>When using CorelDRAW 11, 12, or X3

<!--
way.gif
Procedure
-->
  1. Open the folder [C:\Program Files\Roland VersaWorks\Swatch\CorelDRAW] in the RIP server (computer with VersaWorks installed).
  2. Copy the [userinks.cpl] file.
    If the target computer is different from the RIP Server, use a network or an external storage media (such as a USB drive or floppy disk) to copy the file.
  3. Launch CorelDRAW on the target computer.
  4. In the CorelDRAW menu, click [Tools] - [Palette Editor].
    The Palette Editor dialog box appears.
  5. Click the [Open Palette] icon.
    The [Open Palette] dialog box appears.
  6. Select [userinks.cpl], and then click [Open].

graphix

roland won't contourcut

i made a cut swatch as stated above and i even opened versaworks swatch corel in corel and still no cut (the swatch i opened from versaworks -corel- when i click on a color it applies it but it is invisable same with the contour cut.....anyone willing to walk me through via land line...just give me a time to call i am eastern time zone..thanks