• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contract for Services

busypc

Does anyone have a "sample" contract they can share? Something to use for anything from installation of pole sign to small in house job. We are working on a bid now for a customer who doesn't speak English well. He is very hard to understand and I want to make sure that he understands what we are doing for the dollar amount we will be quoting.

Thanks!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Be fair and itemize each and every thing you are going to produce, perform or install along with the cost per each and then an end column of full costs. Add in any necessary taxes, permits, shipping & handling and what the deposit is.... and when due and when the final balance is due. Mention if these terms are not met, you will be suing for damages and court costs which will be his/her responsibility regardless of the outcome.

If he signs it, then he most likely understands or should have someone he/she trusts interpret it for him.

It should be dated and signed before commencement of the work begins.

Isn't it funny how...... no matter what language someone speaks or doesn't speak, they hide behind that, but they sure do understand American money and how to play the system ??

busypc

Oh I could tell you a funny one.... previous customer called for a quote to cut off some text at the bottom of a banner, tape and rerommet it, etc. We guoted the job. He sends an employee down to my shop and hands me the banner and plops down $5. He says "they are only willing to pay $5 to have this done". (like i should be grateful for the $5!!!!!) The American employee continued to tell me that "they just didn't get how it works in the US". I almost fell over. I was having a bad day anyway, so i had the opportunity to share with him, among other things, that they knew exactly how the system works. They come over here, open a business, pay very little tax for the first four years, sell the business to a relative who pays no tax for the first four years and do it over and over.....believe me, they get it! I asked him if i could walk into his store and buy a coke and put $0.50 down on the counter and walk out. Of course he said no.

I am expected to pay what they want for an item, not a penny less and no squabble about the price. Needless to say, i sent him on his way and told him to check with another shop here to see if they would do it for $5. Also, I will never buy from their store again. Can you believe it!