• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Controlling static on pvc

letterman7

Ugh... driving me crazy, especially with the colder weather. I've got the machine grounded, the carraige and even the sheet I'm routing and it still sticks to everything. The last job I did like this I wound up with a couple of cans of Static-Guard and sprayed the sheet and machine rails as necessary. Took care of quite a bit of it, but got a headache from the fumes. Anyone have any secrets to minimizing the mess?

Rick

drive

techspray zero charge anti-static spray may help (no fumes and a little goes along way).
I use it for prepping flatbed materials but it often wonders into other parts of the shop to replace the aerosol sprays now.

I get it from Allied Electronics p/n 1726-qt.

If you have an air flow system for cooling the contact point of the tool and material an air deionizing attachment may help (if available). I remember having them on the compressed air spray nozzles in a clean room many moons ago. Not sure if something of that nature is available or adaptable for router tables.