• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

convert xc-540 to xc-540mt

bigben

Basically take a XC-540 and convert it to print white and silver ink. Can we do it? If yes, what I would have to do and at what cost?

Andrew O

Merchant Member
We've gotten this request a lot. Unfortunately, there is no way to do it that would be remotely cost effective given the labor and number of new parts involved. The XC-540MT is not just an XC-540 with the cartridges swapped out, but rather has a lot of internal changes including an ink recirculation system that allow it to run metallic ink consistently well and with a minimum of maintenance.

bigben

We've gotten this request a lot. Unfortunately, there is no way to do it that would be remotely cost effective given the labor and number of new parts involved. The XC-540MT is not just an XC-540 with the cartridges swapped out, but rather has a lot of internal changes including an ink recirculation system that allow it to run metallic ink consistently well and with a minimum of maintenance.

I knew I wasn't the first one to have the idea. Oh well, it cost nothing to ask...

Thank you Andrew.