• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Converting in CS5 and compressing to send

vinylconcepts

I am very new to using CorelDraw. I have the latest version in which I created a snowmobile wrap in. The file is about 37MB in size. I want to convert it to .ai file for the company that is printing this for me. Not only do I need to convert it I need to compress the size of it to email it to them.[/FONT][/COLOR]
I know that the version I have allows me to convert to .ai files. I have done many of those, but I think because of the size of file it seems like when I go to convert it the program just locks up. It does the same when I tried to convert to .eps, but I was able to make it an .pdf. But then the other problem I have is even converted it is too large of a file to send via email.
So if there is an experts out there that doesn't mind me sending them my file or walk me through what I need to do that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If they don't need to do any edits flatten your file to a jpg at the highest quality setting (lowest compression) and it should be pretty small depending on what it looks like.
Might still be to large for most email, you'd be better off uploading it to one of the file hosting sites and have your printer pull it from there - along the lines of: https://www.yousendit.com/

I have a free account there that will transfer up to 50meg files and works well.

wayne k
guam usa

TresL

+1

Most of the guys I print MX/ATV graphics for, upload them to this type of service or I have them use my FTP server.

royster13

IMO you can not really convert the file......You can change a cdr. to ai. but there will still be a few things than do not "translate" 100%....Embedded filters will be imported as bitmaps and some get lost completely....

rcook99

How much ram do you have? I had a similar problem with my old computer that had 4gb of ram. When I tried opening the same file on the new system with 16gb of ram no problems.

rcook99

I agree that should be plenty. If you want to send me the file I will gladly give it a try for you. Thanks
RC

Last edited: