• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel bought out Ulead?

JAMEY

282%5C684%5Cbanner_pix3,0.jpg

I have noticed that the new PhotoImpact X3 is now solely Corel. The box for the older version had Ulead and also a Corel logo on it too. It always used to install to a /ulead directory but now this new X3 version installs to a /corel directory.

All I can say is...Corel took over Jasc's PaintShopPro a while ago and never went big with it. This may be a different story now though.

For anybody that never tried PhotoImpact, it's my goto program 95% of the time. Awesome little powerhouse that's easy to use with a killer effects browser that is second to none. I have used it for web graphics for years and seen all it's evolutions.

Note: This will not replace CorelDraw in any way. However, I would like to see some of PhotoImpact's features ported over into CorelDraw in the near future though. If they blended them and matched PS's selectivity tools...it would STOMP PS.