• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

corel/flexi print question

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
We are printing graphics for a trailer. powerwash company. The background is black with transparent bubbles on it. The background pattern is a fill in corel. So we created our panels. Each panel is supposed to match up with the next panel, including the bubble fill from corel. It looks like it matches up in corel, it looks like it matches up in flexi..when it prints, it doesn't match up. In fact, the pattern repeats in the background when printed out instead of matching up the way we placed it.

Any ideas on a work around?

Stacey K

I like making signs
I don't know much about Corel even though I have it. Can you save the panels as a jpeg and then print them? Does it have something to do with the auto fill? IDK - just throwing ideas out

Scotchbrite

No comment
How are you getting the files from Corel to Flexi? I didn't think Flexi could import Corel files, but I haven't tried in a while.

My thought would be like Stacey K and export from Corel in a raster format like JPG or TIFF. Or, like I've mentioned before, if I have trouble with Flexi "misinterpreting" a file, I use Photoshop to make it a raster image to import into Flexi.

Scotchbrite

No comment
I wanted to add, I find Flexi has trouble with transparencies, especially when created in another program. It also doesn't seem to export transparencies created in Flexi itself very well for that matter. In both cases, I find a flattened raster image works best.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I don't know much about Corel even though I have it. Can you save the panels as a jpeg and then print them? Does it have something to do with the auto fill? IDK - just throwing ideas out
I think it might. i screen shotted what it looked like in flexi. It PRINTED a repeating pattern. so i'm guessing it needed to be saved as a jpeg.

Attachments

• flexi image.JPG
    flexi image.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 57

Scotchbrite

No comment
When we used Onyx we were still creating most of the art files in Flexi so it didn't make any difference. The only other files would have come thru Photoshop. But it might be better for using the Corel files directly.

Generally speaking I felt like Onyx did a really good job with color matching on the HP26500 we ran with it. I just didn't like the idea of having to buy a whole new copy of Onyx to run the HP570 when we could just use the Flexi license we already had.