• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel jacked up kerning when fitting text to path

SignManiac

Ok, so it seems that whenever I attempt to fit text to path in Coreldraw, the kerning is always crap. Hitting F 10 to edit nodes results in even worse if using the slider arrow. Is there another method than manually adjusting every letter node by node?

As you can see here, the right side doesn't need much tweaking but the left side of Chucks is way to open.

Attachments

• chuck.jpg
    chuck.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 168

SignManiac

I have done that but the results are still crap. I actually get better results by breaking every letter apart and the positioning. when using the shape tool you can move the letters, but most have to be rotated to make them appear at the right angel on your arc. I've found no other way to get around that.

J Hill Designs

I agree - especially as you get further and further around the circle (etc) you basically NEED to start doing manual rotating, nudging, etc