• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel x3 looks good on print preview but is wrong when cutting

shuv76

hello,,,I took a jpeg image and put it in corel and got the image into a corel file and set it up for print & it looks good on the print preview and it cuts part of the image good and then when it gets on up further it looks like it is cutting the same image but the image has been rotated 90 degrees, so it is cutting good but it is like it is cutting another image of the same thing over top of the one that I want. I don't know if I have made it too confusing but if you have any ideas of what is wrong, I sure would appreciate any help. I cannot see any of the image on the print preview that is overlapping. Thanks ,,Paul

rcook99

Not exactly sure what you are saying but try this. Go up to view and click wire frame. This will show the vector cut line around your photo that you are cutting. My thought is maybe there is a second vector line you might not see that is causing your problem.

shuv76

Yes ,, i go to view the wireframe and all I see is the image that I want but when the machine starts cutting,,it cuts that image and it is also cutting the same image over the original one in a different location. I do not see why I cannot see it on the file or the print preview.

MtnView

Can't say I have ever had that happen. Have you tried restarting both the computer and cutter?

shuv76

Shuv76 are you trying to cut from the jpeg or did you convert it to vectors prior to cutting?

Yes ,I did convert the jpeg to vectors but I might have missed a step in the conversion. It is the first time I have done that.
I see the image in wireframe and see it on the print preview, but for some reason there is something there that is not visible but the cutter sees it. I did have to go through a lot of steps to do the conversion.

MtnView

If you used the trace feature in Corel there is an option to "delete original image". Did you check that box? If not the original image is in the background still.

rcook99

Ok so to make sure we are on the same page. You took a jpeg and ran a trace to convert it to a vector image. Then you attempted to cut it on your vinyl cutter. When doing so it cuts the original but then cuts another object in a different part of the original. Is this correct so far?

shuv76

Ok so to make sure we are on the same page. You took a jpeg and ran a trace to convert it to a vector image. Then you attempted to cut it on your vinyl cutter. When doing so it cuts the original but then cuts another object in a different part of the original. Is this correct so far?

I will show you the steps I did on the trace. I hope you can understand it. I am open to any suggestions,,,thanks, Paul

Click on image
Go to edit ------select all------------Objects
Go to edit ------select copy
To to layout----insert page
Go to edit ------Paste
Go to bitmap---mode------black and white 1bit------Conversion mode---------select line art-----click ok
Go to bitmap---trace bitmap--------select line art-------click ok
Go to arrange--order-----select back of page-----click off image-----then click on image and delete
Click on image
Go to outline pen------select hairline
Go to fill tool and select X to eliminate the fill
Go to edit-------copy------------select page 1 and then paste
Then I am done

arzu

We are using corel 3 as well , in combination wit a GCC laser (installed as a printer)
I noticed once that the laser can plot someting not visable on screen. It was present in corel however, but in another layer.
Per layer you can select if you want to view, and/or print that layer. Maybe you have to delete a layer.

Joe Diaz

You said you inserted a page? So you have a multi page document? Perhaps you have content on both pages still and something in your print/plot setting is trying to produce both pages when you cut. Have you had luck cutting from DRAW before using the steps you are using now? Or is this a first time attempt?

shuv76

You said you inserted a page? So you have a multi page document? Perhaps you have content on both pages still and something in your print/plot setting is trying to produce both pages when you cut. Have you had luck cutting from DRAW before using the steps you are using now? Or is this a first time attempt?

This is the first time I have tried converting jpeg to vector and cutting.

Joe Diaz

This is the first time I have tried converting jpeg to vector and cutting.

But you have had luck cutting from DRAW in the past? If so maybe try hand selecting just the vector shapes you want to cut, select copy. Start a brand new document, and paste. Then proceed the way you normally would when cutting art.

shuv76

This is the first time I have tried cutting a jpeg file after converting it into corel. If i have ever done it before ,,I have had to trace it by hand in corel and then I had the file. It takes a long time.
I normally just do fonts on banners and fonts on doors & windows. I was just trying something new.
Thanks for trying to help,,Paul

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
To isolate where the problem is, try importing the file you exported to your print cut software into a new document. That way you know if Corel is corrupting the out put. And it might help you figure out if it was something you did. If it is an eps file make sure you select the eps file type (Corel used to hate importing it's own eps's)

If that doesn't do anything try exporting a different file type. Most rips will accept .ai, .eps, .pdf files among others. Obviously choose on that works with raster and vector data.

rcook99

Ok first off save yourself a few steps by using your right click as it opens a fly out which will save yougoing to the top of the page quite a bit.

What cutter and software are you using to cut?

As Joe Diaz stated select just the items you want simply by clicking on the first and while holding shift key down click on the others. Once selected right click mouse and copy to a new page. Then try your cut.

If you email me the original file tomorrow I will take a look at it and maybe I'll be able to give you a better direction on getting this figured out.

shuv76

To isolate where the problem is, try importing the file you exported to your print cut software into a new document. That way you know if Corel is corrupting the out put. And it might help you figure out if it was something you did. If it is an eps file make sure you select the eps file type (Corel used to hate importing it's own eps's)

If that doesn't do anything try exporting a different file type. Most rips will accept .ai, .eps, .pdf files among others. Obviously choose on that works with raster and vector data.

Hey ,,,Good News! I exported the file as an EPS & it worked!
I don't understand why but it did & it cuts good.
Thanks for all of you guys help on this,,its made life a lot easier.
Paul