• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel X3 "training"

STAR Graphix

I read alot of tips on here and they are a huge help. I was wanting to know where do you get most of youre knowledge about the program and which book or ebook would you recomend. I need to get the most out of my software, to hopefully make a successful business. Thanks

SqueeGee

lynda.com

Very affordable and you have access to training for Corel, Photoshop, you name it.

Sometimes when I can't sleep, I put on a tutorial for 3ds Max and poof! I am out.

Last edited:
Do you have the book that came with it? If so, most of the answers are in there. If you see a sign with a particular effect you like, such as a drop shadow, just thumb to that section of the book and it will describe how to create it. The best learning happens "on the job" while using the program. You need to do something, you figure out how to do it, and then you know that one. Slow going at first, but in a while it becomes second nature and one day you'll drive down the road, see a billboard or sign, and be able to go over the steps it took to design it in your mind. Thats pretty much how I did it anyway. The book that came with the program and lots and lots of practice.

Goatboy

If you search around the web you can find a few fistfulls of useful tuts for free. I have yet to buy one. For the most part its a basic translation of creating your "style" to how many clicks does it take to get that "style". Once you get a look you like, go back pick apart how you got there. See if you can remove any un-needed steps. This of course will bring a couple of things. Examining and creating your project will bring you along through the basic tools. As you nail the basic tools you can enhance your "style" and start introducing more complex looks by first introducing more indepth tools and finishing your training by combining complex actions. I started out by recreating some proofs I really liked. Disection of items in your trade is the most efficient to learn the tools you should know.

STAR Graphix

Thanks Again, I watched the Headlight portion on Advanced Artist, I liked it, just gotta keep the caffine around. 'Preciate it all again, hopefully one day I can help out!