• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Coreldraw X5 question - re: combining objects

Todd-sta

Stupid question for you - I work mostly in Illustrator, but trying to re-acclimate myself with Coreldraw.

I have an 'closed-path object' within a circle.... I surround them both and click on the 'combine' button. Generally this would make a 'cookie-cutter' object of the two, where the object in the center is now a 'voided' shape which you can 'see through.'

This didn't happen. Instead of combining like normal... both objects become solid... although in wireframe mode, it would appear that they are combined.... I cannot figure this out?!

I thought they might be on different layers or something...but heck, I can't even find the 'layers' dialogue.

Can you tell me why these two objects might not be combining normally?

I checked, and all 'nodes' are joined and both objects are closed-path objects.

Thanks.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Try reversing the path on one of the objects before you try to combine them.

Todd-sta

Thanks for looking, but I have discovered the solution: Once I changed the 'direction' of the node rotation, then selected both objects again and 'combined' them... it worked and now displays correctly.

This is an oddity that just came back to me as I racked my brain thinking about what I did in the past when this happened.

Thanks - have a great weekend.

Todd-sta

Thanks Bob! I must have just been posting my discovery as you were posting your reply..... appreciate the help though!! Have a good one.