• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Coro signs and pricing when it comes time to outsource

S

scarface

Hey everybody!

I have found a merchant member to supply me with wholesale coro sign printing.

I do small amounts in cut vinyl a dozen or so but how should i dictate pricing for screen printed coro signs since the price is very very small to be competitive with cut vinyl coro sign pricing.

I just don't feel comfortable telling a customer for example, $20 each for cut vinyl or you can get 25 screen printed ones for $8 each.

Thanks for any guidance!

Farmboy

First off...if you don't feel comfortable when you give the customer a price they are going to sense this and become uncomfortable themselves. This is an easy fix if you don't mind explaining the process with your customer. Have a sign with vinyl letters and a printed one. Explain the extra work involved for the vinyl, thus the added cost. If they question why they can't just have their 12 signs printed your explanation should be that printing also has it's own process that doesn't make amount's less than 25 cost effective, screens and the prep involved. Hope this helps.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
farmboy hit it....thats pretty much exactly how i explain it to my customers.....one sign'll cost you $45 (18x24 d/f single color), or you can get 25 at $13.25/pc.....usually if the customer is looking at getting 7 or 8 signs, it's more cost effective to get the 25....although i've already had a customer pay more for ten vinyl app signs because he "just didn't need 25 signs".....

Pat Whatley

I would work in a price break at 12 or so also. 25 signs are $200, 12 signs are $170, fewer than 12 are $20 each.

The way we explain it is that with the screen, setup, and cleanup costs screenprinting isn't cost effective until you get to 25. If they ask just let them know that once the job is set up you can run 100 signs in half an hour, doing 100 signs in vinyl takes all day and that's why there's such a big price difference.

mikefine

Just be positive about the quantity order to your customer, and explain that price breaks start
at 25, which is $200.00. Explain to them that it is a great deal! (Don't break down the unit price.) Tell them we have a new production based processed that allows us to offer at this low cost. We can do one or two signs, happy to do that -- but that is more money per piece.

It is upselling -- McDonalds does it all the time....

ToddM.

So what do you guys charge for one or two 18x24 coro, single sided, one color?

This has been asked a million times, but I always like comparing.

flaz75

I hope this may help you a little.

I do both printed and cut vinyl signs. I charge the same price for both. Reason being it takes longer to make a cut vinyl sign but it costs a little bit more to make a printed sign. To me the added cost of the laminate and ink basically equals out the cost of weed time and transfer tape.

I charge $15 for a single sided and $20 for a double side. I also discount the more they buy. Anything less that 10 signs I do not discount. i am still fairly new to the sign business. 2 years in and still trying to learn as much as I can and I am always looking at how others are pricing compared to mine.

Hope this helps :)