• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cover broken jv33 - not i'm stuck

Brands Imaging

I was cleaning my head yesterday...but didnt put the cover back on fast enough and now I have a cover open screen and cant get the printer to do anything else..

unplugged and plug back in...turn on and off...

nothing....jiggled the cover nothing,,,,,

any help??

Case

The cover is just not engaging the senser, move it around some... and it will engage.......

Case

Letterbox Mike

It sounds like your problem was solved, but I'd recommend you remove the metal "activator" from the cover and stick it to the sensor, it's magnetized so it'll stick to it. That way you can open the cover while the printer is printing in case you need to. We run ours with the cover up all the time, makes it alot easier to do media comp adjustments on the fly.

Brands Imaging

no.....this is not the same cover that you guys are thinking of....

this is the cover at the far left end of the JV-33...the cover that allows you to access the print head. that cover is not a magnet, its an actual switch the depresses

Artgunner

It sounds like your problem was solved, but I'd recommend you remove the metal "activator" from the cover and stick it to the sensor, it's magnetized so it'll stick to it. That way you can open the cover while the printer is printing in case you need to. We run ours with the cover up all the time, makes it alot easier to do media comp adjustments on the fly.

Yes, this is what I am referring to.

(Problem solved.... what a ride. But it came out very good in the end.)

Art