• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Crack and Peel adhesive vinyl

DeeDBLu

Wondering if anybody here has attempted "crack and peel" stickers on adhesive vinyl rolls? I run a HP Latex 800W which doesn't have the automatic double sided printing and wonder how you would do this. I have an account manager requesting a sample but if I'm not mistaken I would have to be able to print the cut information for the crack and peel side in order to get the correct registration but with no auto double sided print I'm concerned about wastage and misalignment. Any tips would helpful!

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Depending on how many you're doing, you can use an OLFA TS-1 top sheet cutter. I do some safety rating labels for a customer that makes roll cages for heavy equipment and wants them slit, I use this, It's cheap and it works pretty good. All you're doing is a single slit across the liner. Slit before you weed and you can just run a ruler and do a row at a time. This company only orders a a few hundred over the course of a year, don't know if I'd want to do large runs manually, for that a dedicated machine slitter would be worth the investment.

Kbrecken

Wondering if anybody here has attempted "crack and peel" stickers on adhesive vinyl rolls? I run a HP Latex 800W which doesn't have the automatic double sided printing and wonder how you would do this. I have an account manager requesting a sample but if I'm not mistaken I would have to be able to print the cut information for the crack and peel side in order to get the correct registration but with no auto double sided print I'm concerned about wastage and misalignment. Any tips would helpful!
I have the exact same device and get this "ask" all the time, Client Needs/Must Have rolls of decals with split backing (crack & peel) in my opinion it's a bit old school, you could perhaps try, Kiss-cutting the decal and then weed and trim and then bag/shrink-wrap into sets or multiple singles with an oversize liner which serves the same purpose as a crack and peel, 2 ways I accomplish this is to impose with 1/2 inch gutters and then kisscut on a Summa or Zund, then final trim oversize trim on a guillotine, or 2 stage cut on a zund, gather and bag,

Goatshaver

Are these going to be cut individually for handouts?

One thing I've seen is putting a tab onto the through cut of the sticker shape and making a kiss cut that splits the tab from the sticker itself that way there is a small piece to grab to help aid in peeling. Can even put "Peel Here" text on that little tab.

victor bogdanov

There is a label stock from mactac that has crack and peel backing, see if you can find a vinyl that already has the slits in on the backing sheet. Will be the easiest way to do crack and peel

BigNate

We make stickers from the vinyl all the time - but we rarely worry about the crack and peel - I have has some good tests on our very old Graphtec (15"??!) as I recall I had a few 'stickers' of the corner marks from a prior completed job, just place them on the back in the right spot and feed a sheet upside-down to kiss-cut the backer. But all of our customers are now used to the tabs as described by the GoatShaver. (if you got your 800 from someone in the UBEO group, they have samples pre-programmed with the tabs so you can see how they work.....)

BigNate

There is a label stock from mactac that has crack and peel backing, see if you can find a vinyl that already has the slits in on the backing sheet. Will be the easiest way to do crack and peel
Good idea Victor - we get large sheets of crack-n-peel for the sheet-fed presses all the time. You could sheet-feed some 26"x40" Crack-N-Peel sheets into a wide format printer - most that I have used have this option - but they may leave large margins so they can keep part of the sheet in the rollers.

BigNate

Not sure if there are other types but this backing is scored. Only matte option I see though.

https://www.mactac.com/Catalog/Products/Graphics/Wide-Format-Print-Media/PVS528PW60L150
for sheet fed label material, try someone like Kelly/Spicers or Veritiv - they supply a lot of sheet fed printers....... most have their own house brands as well, if it is not a critical installation you can get some really cheap vinyl in sheets. (lots of varieties of paper label material as well...)