• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Craziest thing you've done for a customer...?

omgsideburns

Customer ran away & went into hiding after………

I received a call complaining the 12 14 x 48 billboards we just printed rush & delivered overnight were 2 feet too big.

I ran to the airport, jumped on the first flight $$$$, flew 2 hours to Boston, rushed to the billboard company to measure the boards. Oddly they looked correct but the tape measure said they were 2 feet too long.

Standing there totally confused with the customer ripping me a new a$$ hole, I noticed a big wad on masking tape wrapped around the measuring tape.

Went over to check……some idiot had broken the tape & re-tape it back together, missing 2 feet of the tape. It read fine till 17 feet…the next numeral was 19 feet.

My customer actually turned bright red and ran away to hide. I found my way back to the airport by myself.

And yes we did a lot more work for him and he never questioned my opinion or prices again.

I think we have a winner.

cleanmywound

Our first ever paid job was to letter a prosthetic leg. A friend of my partners dad lost the lower portion of his leg in a motorcycle accident. We made it look like it was tattooed. Had some logos of the bike he was driving when he crashed. Guy was thrilled and our first job under our belts. Since then nothing very interesting.

Marlene

I was asked to do the interior design for a conference room. pick carpet, furniture and colors, no sign work of any kind invloved. the room served as a place where the customer brought large groups of people for sales.