• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Creative Banner 2 strikes

Nuagedesigns

So I moved to a new location in June only about 1/2 mile away from old address. I have since ordered from creative banner once and I am receiving their brochures to my new address.

Before the holiday we ordered a display stand from them and was supposed to ship on Wednesday Dec. 30th. However when I track it it says they received info on the 4th? Now I need this for a customer on the 10th. No problem says it will be delivered on the 7th, plenty of time. 7th comes and goes no package, call up on Friday "oh we sent it to your old address!""! So Creative says we'll call UPS and have the driver bring it to the correct address which UPS has done for me in the past, Creative calls back all set you should receive it later today(Friday). Yup no delivery!!

Now even better its Sat morning and UPS cant seem to find the package!!!

This is Strike 2 on Creative Banner for me another time I ordered Next day air and they shipped it 3 days later... One more shot thats it.

Anyone else have issues or info on where to order displays and stands from? Our Orbis rep was in here but this customer was on the budget plan and we had supplied a stand for them previous this was to match.

Thanks for the vent!!
Bruce

TheSnowman

They do seem to take forever on the shipping end of stuff, but we ordered table covers from them, and they looked good. No product complaints, like I said, just SLOW shipping.

Patrick46

I sent a camera back to Chicago to get some work done to it, and used UPS.
When the camera was sent back to me, they put 5th St. on the label, and not 5th Ave. My package sat in the LOCAL UPS shipping terminal for a WEEK, and was then sent BACK to Chicago...because they didn't have the proper shipping address.
Now, let me tell you that I live in a small town of 20,000 residents. There are 35,000 in the region. I'm listed in the white & yellow pages,(this was addressed to my business name) and I get sign supplies shipped to me all the time...and they can't figure out that this package was supposed to come to me?????!!!

sorry...back on topic. (I just had to rant!)
I too deal with CB, and haven't had any major problems, but people can skrew up anywhere.

Patrick46

I too have a great relationship with my 'route' driver. He's a real charactor...seriously funny guy! (I even lettered & numberes his fishing boat fer him)...It's our local distribution center that i have issues with.

gabagoo

I take UPS over Purolater. Fed Ex is good too but way to expensive.

we take care of our driver too....good dude.

CustomRide

This is more on the shipping side of the thread...

When UPS messes up on the next day air shipments tell them there is medication in there right away...they change their tune real quick.

Had this happen back in december 09 and package was supposed to be there on Friday a.m. and guess what it went to 3 other hubs overnight finally arriving at our local one at 4pm on Friday which does not put it out on the delivery truck for the day. (This was a small replacement part to a piece of equipment that was sold and the buyer was flying in that Saturday to pay in person and ship out in person.)

Told them if we didn't have the package Friday night we are going to the hospital.

It wasn't but a 1/2hour later that package showed up by someone at the ups hub and an apology.

I suggest don't try this on ground or 2nd day air.

royster13

I am not sure how many packages UPS, Fedex or others messes up, however, I think in the scheme of things it is a very small %...Between shipping and receiving packages last year, I dealt with over 1,000 shipments and my records indicate only 5 were an issue.....

I do not think at the prices we pay "perfection" should be expected...Most folks want to pay as little as they can for the best service available....