• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Creeping temps

MrSalumi

I have a Soljet II (specifically an SJ540) which has the tendency to sometimes creep in temperature. I'll set the thermostat at lets say 31 and sometimes it will stay put all day. Sometimes it will creep all the way over 40 in the matter of a few minutes. Any idea what this could be? Its getting old having to sit around and keep my eye on the gauge all day :)

Thanks Sal

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, I might be thinking of the flatbed which has a grey valve for tuning in the temps for different things. On the Roland, I think we just tune them in with the mouse. So, yours isn't staying constant ?? So, something must be leaking or slowly dying. I'm not a high tech person, but someone will come to your aid. Otherwise, maybe call a Roland tech or the place where you bought it.

MrSalumi

Gino, Thanks. Yeah it doesnt stay constant which is really annoying. There is only one digital thermostat which is controlling the platten temp.

I think I am going to check the thermistors or the control box values. Any idea of factory info on the resistance etc of thermistors? I don't think it will be in the manual.

Any techs out there?