• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Crit please on design.

Fatboy

Please help me with some critique.

Attachments

• WWPF.jpg
    WWPF.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 53

Circleville Signs

Lose the radial gradient in the background. Either lighten the foreground or background - the earth tones are bleeding together visually. What is the application here? Banner?

Marlene

do some kerning on the periods so that they fall under the letters. the auto kern just puts them where the letter ends so you need to fix that. maybe a stronger font for the letters? that looks like VAG which doesn't look serious enough for the org it stands for.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The gradient in the elephant is working against you and means nothing. The fading brown box is also working against you and tends to have no meaning. All of your colors are about a 5 on a monochrome scale… except for the black. You made the bottom line of copy black, thus creating a bottom-heavy appearance to your layout.

I would suggest designing this in black and white and adding your colors later… after you study a color wheel a little more.

Marlene

on a side note, how cool is it that you live where you have critters like this to protect! we have a soft shelled turtle, woo hoo.....

Jillbeans

Fix the kerning.
Make the main lettering black and the subcopy in orange inside a black panel that extends into the rhino. Only use one animal, lose the one in the background.
Lose the Arial Round and try using all one font.
Better yet, have your 8 year old kid design it.
Love....Jill