• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

crop mark cutting is way off

K2

I am using a Roland SP540V and when i use crop marks the cut is way off. If i just print and cut, its fine. It's only when i use the crop marks. i tried clibrating it on the machine and there seems to be no change, maybe i am doing it all wrong, any help would be appreciated.

Malkin

Does it go around and detect all 4 crop marks, in the right place?

Can you describe how the cuts are off?

njsigns

I had this problem - then I turned off the heaters on the machine, set the file to "use printer settings" in the heater controls dialog in versaworks, and let the machine cool to the touch before contour cutting. Loading the media straight helps too.

Gene

ZsVinylInc

I also have an SP-540V...Up until recently I had all kinds of cutting issues with Print / Lam / Cut or any cutting with crop marks. I recently re-calibrated the machine and found that if I do an environmental match in the morning before I start helps. Then I also use the printer settings for all the heat and cut. I also take the film out and let the machine cool for at least 15 mins longer if I can. Remember to turn the heaters off. reload the media and set it up for crop mark detection. I haven't had any problems since.

Sincerely,

Big Z

In Service Mode: Do a CROP ADJUST, then... do a Print Cut Adjustment. This will solve your issue. Also do an Env Match. If this doesn't help, clean your encoder strip Then do an Env Match

K2

Anyone know how to get into "Service Mode", I did the right, down, left power but it says service mode protected and wont let me in.