• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Crosswalk Flags or "pedflags" for pedestrian crosssing safety - wholesale vendors?

iSign

Has anyone heard of these before?

my client needs 100 yellow banners or flags with 1 or 2 sides imprinted with black pictogram, secured to a short dowel, possibly including an informative canister that hold the flags at both sides of a dangerous intersection, explaining the concept.

I could reinvent the wheel here, but if there were a wholesale price from someone that already has a tried and true product, I would prefer that...

anyone?

here's one example:
http://www.kirklandwa.gov/depart/Public_Works/Transportation___Streets/Pedestrian_Flags_-_FAQs.htm

Locals Find!

Doug when I went on the page you linked to I found a .pdf towards the bottom of the page that tells you where they were buying the flags from.

Did you try them?

iSign

yeah... they suck

correction...

they just called and said they don't suck :omg:

...actually they called to ask if there was a problem they could correct... so I told them after my providing info for a quote, followed up by my providing the additional requested info...

I never heard back... and that "yes, in fact there was something they could do..." ...they could quote the job!

maybe they don't suck after all...

..in the mean time...
anyone else?

GypsyGraphics

correction...

they just called and said they don't suck :omg:

...actually they called to ask if there was a problem they could correct...

maybe they don't suck after all...

they called to say they don't suck :ROFLMAO:

funny, but also it's great knowing that they're reading what members write here. i'm glad to hear they called you directly.
they should jump in and post in this thread as well (of course following the quoting/bidding rules, fred just recently posted about).

Interesting product. Why not just buy the flag material and print and then take two staples and staple them to a dowel. Then take a coffee can and wrap some vinyl around it and stick it on a pole.

Locals Find!

Interesting product. Why not just buy the flag material and print and then take two staples and staple them to a dowel. Then take a coffee can and wrap some vinyl around it and stick it on a pole.

I am glad you posted this I had the same thought. I didn't want to post it ,and risk getting ridiculed, because it came from me.

iSign

those are fine ideas when you are a slower or only moderately busy sign shop... which was my MO for almost a decade... but I have also learned from time to time that these ideas can sometimes include a poorly researched concept, component, or production time estimate that could impact profitability, or even durability ... multiplied by 100 :omg:

...so times like this, when I am covered up busy with high end routed sign jobs... it can often be worth a little time to sub out a job like this, to a proven wholesaler, with true wholesale pricing... and I get to keep the customer happy, make a moderate mark-up on the job, & not lose much valuable production time on my more lucrative projects by test driving some low tech staple-gun idea...

...and then sometimes once I find a trusted vendor, and have a bid in place... if the work is awarded at a time where my part time help isn't equally covered up... I could always decided to produce in house after collecting the deposit, where the extra "research" time to determine profitability is actually already paid for...

Addie, if you ever get ridiculed for your ideas "because of who you are".... it's because to all of us here... "who you are" is nothing more then the sum total of your 'ideas' expressed over the last year... right? :wink:

those are fine ideas when you are a slower or only moderately busy sign shop... which was my MO for almost a decade... but I have also learned from time to time that these ideas can sometimes include a poorly researched concept, component, or production time estimate that could impact profitability, or even durability ... multiplied by 100 :omg:

...so times like this, when I am covered up busy with high end routed sign jobs... it can often be worth a little time to sub out a job like this, to a proven wholesaler, with true wholesale pricing... and I get to keep the customer happy, make a moderate mark-up on the job, & not lose much valuable production time on my more lucrative projects by test driving some low tech staple-gun idea...

...and then sometimes once I find a trusted vendor, and have a bid in place... if the work is awarded at a time where my part time help isn't equally covered up... I could always decided to produce in house after collecting the deposit, where the extra "research" time to determine profitability is actually already paid for...

Addie, if you ever get ridiculed for your ideas "because of who you are".... it's because to all of us here... "who you are" is nothing more then the sum total of your 'ideas' expressed over the last year... right? :wink:

Point taken.

iSign

late breaking news...
got my quote from the wholesale shop who's communication or follow through was unacceptable... maybe a little patience on my part would have helped... but in any case... I got my quote!

(thanks also to those who pm'd other flag dealers as well)