• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Custom cut vinyl rolls for width

Cordell-Designs

I have a customer that is wanting to match the fire truck green that was used here years ago (kind of a lime green color). The vinyl that I can find that matches the closest only comes in 60" wide rolls.

Does or has anyone cut down a 60" wide roll to a size they can use successfully? I have a 30" cutter and I'm thinking I might be out of options.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Depending on supplier they should be able to log cut that to two 30” rolls.

Any supplier worth their salt should be able to cut down rolls for you.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Depending on supplier they should be able to log cut that to two 30” rolls.

Any supplier worth their salt should be able to cut down rolls for you.
iPrintStuff is right on target here. Let me add that if you are not well acquainted with the supplier, you may want to ask for references of their customers who have had rolls cut. You might want to ask if they have a roll-to-roll slitter. That is the only type that gives you a clean cut.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Fellers is my main vinyl supplier that I use so I'll contact my rep and see.

Thank you.
Ask Fellers if they do "Log slitting" or "Rewind slitting"
If they say "Log slitting" then ask for referrals. Not every log slitters are the same, and not all vendors properly maintain the blade.
There is so much more. Hope this helps.

ikarasu

In a pinch..... You can put a few layers of masking tape around the roll and use a miter saw. It'll give the edges a rough cut... But if you're running through your plotter for cut text / etc it shouldn't matter
.. Not clean enough to run through a printer though. ALL our vendors slit for us for free, We only do it ourselves as a last resort. I imagine fellers will slit as well....