• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer bought logo from me. Wants it as MS Word file

signmeup

I thought this was kinda funny:
I designed a logo for a customer and sent all the usual file formats... cdr, ai, eps and threw in a few bitmaps (tiff, jpeg, png) for good measure. She emails me back asking for a Word file so she can select just the icon part of the logo with no text. I don't have Word. What file would it be best to send her? ( I'm pretty sure she will insist on me sending whatever file she wants)
I asked why she couldn't just crop one of the bitmaps but haven't heard back. Maybe you can't crop a bitmap in Word?

signmeup

Never mind....I just discovered I have "MS Word Starter" on my new Acer machine. I can crop a png in it no problem. Thanks for your help.

signmeup

I still think it's kinda funny. We usually get Word files and have to convert them to vectors not the other way around.

signswi

Sound more like a point of training opportunity. She wants it in Word so she can edit it? That's just dumb. Wanting it in Word as stationary or something, that make sense.

Also it sounds like she just wants the logomark and thinks that having it in word she can edit off the logotype...why not send just the mark in various image formats, which is probably what she really wants. Or explain that this would break the branding (should be in the branding guide you provided if that's the case), etc.

signmeup

Sound more like a point of training opportunity. She wants it in Word so she can edit it? That's just dumb. Wanting it in Word as stationary or something, that make sense.

Also it sounds like she just wants the logomark and thinks that having it in word she can edit off the logotype...why not send just the mark in various image formats, which is probably what she really wants. Or explain that this would break the branding (should be in the branding guide you provided if that's the case), etc.
She has the png, tiff and Jpeg I sent her. She just didn't know you can crop off the excess in Word is my guess. I haven't heard back since I suggested cropping it.

Jillbeans

I send them every option I can think of, usually with and without text if there is an icon and also (I hate this) with and without phone number.
And black and white too.
But invariably I still get a call "Can you send such and such to such and such?"
Just happened today...thanks Mainframe.
:)
Love....Jill

signmeup

Guess I missed one file type... The customers web designer emailed wanting a Photoshop file so she could "play around with the layers". Also wanted to know what fonts were used... (Impact and Arial). Here is the logo (without the lettering) Not sure where layers would come in handy with it.

Attachments

• AVstorageLogoo.jpg
    AVstorageLogoo.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 51

Graphics2u

Guess I missed one file type... The customers web designer emailed wanting a Photoshop file so she could "play around with the layers". Also wanted to know what fonts were used... (Impact and Arial). Here is the logo (without the lettering) Not sure where layers would come in handy with it.
The roof should be the top layer, Of Course!

signmeup

Doh! Why didn't I think of that? The little bush would be the back layer...

Honestly though... 6 squares and a parallelogram? :rolleyes: