• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customers over my shoulder, how can i stop this ?

CropMarks

You could post something that has to do with not letting them back because of "Customer Confidentiality". At our shop we don't mind people coming back... but we do try to make sure that certain customers sensitive materials are covered up first.

threeputt

We try not to have them come to the back shop, but sometimes it's just necessary.

As I'm leading them back, I'll say something aloud like, "guys I have a client coming back". Makes the client realize that it's not the norm, and maybe we have "sensitive" things going on.

We get them out of the back as quick as possible.

Nobody and I mean nobody walks past my little swinging "half-door" that says "employees only" on it. Our back door has a message with stronger language. We definetly don't want customers just using the back door.

When they drop off a vehicle for lettering we usually offer them a ride back to their work. Sometimes they'll say, "no thanks, I'll just sit inside the vehicle and wait".

I say, "no you won't. Can I take you somewhere?" "There's a good coffee shop two blocks north of us", that kind of thing. Geesh!

Joe Diaz

I simply tell them that I don't like it when the customer watches me work. I tell them it makes me nervous. You would be surprised how understanding they always are. They totally understand it. Most of the time they respond with: "Yeah I'm the same way".

Mainframe

I have a counter that has 2 fold up "wings" on them, the left side is blocked off & you have to enter the right side, then travel the length of the back of the counter & go through a spring loaded bi-fold door to get back behind the wall, I had nothing but invasions before I set it all up like this, now nobody comes back-period. I have to go back in the shop to get samples & come back out to the counter, between the lift up wing & the bi-fold door slamming behind me they stay out, but it seems to take the combination of both to do it.
I hope you figure it out.

"Deposit Please"

I did have my brothers german shepherd here at the shop for 2 months, didn't work out well because i had dog hair everywhere, even had some land on prints.
Short-haired dog would be good.

Pat Whatley

i was standing outside the shop and the guy asked if i wanted to sit down and he pull up a lawn chair so close to my car that i had to move the chair a few feet to keep the sparks off me.... i'm serious!

Yeah, but you're a lot more fun to look at than most of my customers. :ROFLMAO:

MikePro

we solved the problem by hiring a cute college student as our receptionist... they come in through our waiting room only now. no signs needed.

Joe Diaz

we solved the problem by hiring a cute college student as our receptionist... they come in through our waiting room only now. no signs needed.

Yup, that would solve one problem but would create a whole different problem at our shop. Then I wouldn't get any work done.:thumb: