• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

customers

Marlene

I have some long term customers that just make my day when they call. not because to the signs they need but they are just a joy to know. one of my favorites called this morning and it reminded me of that there's more to doing business than just making stuff and making money, there's meeting people and enjoying knowing them.

anyone else have people that they just love to hear from even if they aren't buying a ton of stuff?

Jillbeans

Yes.
I have had a customer since my BC days (before computers)
He is just the nicest guy around. He's funny, he's sweet, and he listens to me.
Sometimes he will send me goofy little emails.
I have invited to his parties before (his wife is just as nice) and he is more than a customer, he's a friend.
But that being said, he is prompt to pay, never questions my pricing, etc.
He's even referred me to some more decent customers that have been great to deal with.
I have used his business too, he is a carpet cleaner.
Just an all-around wonderful guy.
Love....Jill

Marlene

But that being said, he is prompt to pay, never questions my pricing, etc.
He's even referred me to some more decent customers that have been great to deal with.

my peeps too!

Mikeifg

I have one that throws work my way from time to time. They have been good when times are tough.

signgal

actually, my favorite ones are not my best customers... I mean they don't really get much but they are great to know and refer everyone they can our way :]

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i have a few customers that i actually look forward to having come in...they seem to be the most loyal ones too....come to me for everything they need, and when i can't help them...they understand, but still come back the next time they need something....

strangely, i also have a supplier that's the same way....i actually look forward to calling and placing an order just to have a quick chit chat...

k.a.s.

I live in a pretty tight community where everyone pretty much knows each other. So I have a number of customers that I consider good friends. The one has a seasonal business, in the winter if I get a slow afternoon I'll just go over and talk to him, he has a lot of good business advice. I think developing relationships is one of the best parts of the sign business.

Kevin

SignManiac

I have many, some I've known for twenty years. I invest as much time in developing relationships as I do in my designs. It's a tremendous combination in this business and can lead to many other avenues and opportunities. When your clients become your best sales force, you are on the right track.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

My two favorite customers were aircraft owners. One guy owned a factory and I lettered two of his planes. Got rides in both of them. One was a Beechcraft twin engine, the other a vintage Piper Cub. He dropped into the shop one time during the Holidays and gave me a bottle of Bristol Cream sherry. I had about a third of it drank by the time he said "let's go take the cub out". He told me he used to be a bush pilot and that's how he liked to fly the cub. We landed at the evangelist Kenneth Copeland's private airport. Flew in right over the top of the security guard's car. He turned the plane to face the guard speeding down the runway towards us, throttled it and took back off right over the top of the car again. He said he'd probably get grief for that - but he could afford it.

My other favorite customer owned a Gulfstream jet. I got to fly in it once - but the Piper cub was waaaaay more fun.

Patrick46

I have several customers that are just wonderful...as customers and as human beings!
Like was said earlier...they treat you and your work with respect, they love everything that you produce, and can't say enough good stuff about you to their friends.

My family & I have gotten to ride in many different airplanes, helicopters, yachts (both sail & power), hot-rods, choppers, and somma the baddest show semi trucks ever to hit the road...all because of this business.

I walked into one of these customer's shop recently. Him and his buddies were in a circle surrounding a hot-rod that they were working on. He looked up, saw me, and yelled..."God is here!!!" Now, if that doesn't make you feel cool, then I don't know what does!
btw...this is how I look...

...and don't give me that I look like 'Jesus' business...hahaha

Attachments

• prowler.JPG
    prowler.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 47

SignManiac

Arlo, the first customer I ever painted a sign for, had a Maul bush plane and years later I went to see him about another sign he was needing. It was a rare beautiful day in the middle of February in New York. We were shooting the breeze and I said to him, man today would be a great day to make a beach jump. He looked at me and asked if I was serious? I said hell yes, and he said ok, lets go. So we met at the airport, me with my parachute in hand and him prepping the plane.

We took off and at 4,000' I climbed out the door over the Atlantic ocean and made an illegal beach jump. I landed on the beach with a get-a-way car waiting for me and hauled ass before anyone could call the cops! I just love doing something I'm not suppose to :)

I sure wish I had more customers who owned planes! I might still be jumping today.