• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut/plot question in X3

mfatty500

Can somebody tell me why it is taking sooo long for my cut/plot window to open up in X3? It literally takes about a minute, my pick tool will flicker during this time, i'm using cut master 2. Do I have to un-group all of my text/design (that's what I'm doing) I have not uninstalled/re-installed cut master or the 'ol F-8 trick. Really slows progress. Sometimes all the colors will not be in the cut/plot window either.
Thanks
Mike

blufftonsignguy

From what little I understand and know, it could be a combination of things. You do have to un group things to be able to cut them. If your trying to cut a large group, it takes time to process all of it. The other problem I have run into in your processor/memory/graphics card all have a lot to do with it. I hope this helps you out some. I run X7 with cut master 2 and don't have near the problems that I had with X3 and X5 on the same computer. I tried upgrading to cut master 3 but had lots of problems with that!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I have not been using CM for very long but I have noticed it tends to choke with larger, complex files.
To get around it I copy just the paths I want to cut and paste them into an empty file - cut from there without saving.
delete that set and paste in the next color or layer or group and do it again.
CM opens and processes the cuts much quicker than trying to load the complete files.
If your cut master is opening slowly on even the simple layouts then something else is up.
Maybe need to re-install the VBS that comes with Corel. Then install a new copy of CM.

wayne k
guam usa

mfatty500

Thanks for the replies, it is just simple text that is 11"x 6" nothing fancy it will do this with any text. I usually just export as an eps and cut in Flexi as it fires up pronto. Thanks again.

J Hill Designs

Thanks for the replies, it is just simple text that is 11"x 6" nothing fancy it will do this with any text. I usually just export as an eps and cut in Flexi as it fires up pronto. Thanks again.

see if converting to curves helps at all

just throwing a few pennies in the jar, I don't use CM

mfatty500

Thank you all, that is exactly what I did Wayne. I had to much going on, on the page so I just copy/paste to new window and no problem.

OldPaint

your problem is with cut master NOT COREL. i cut DIRECT FROM COREL ......and never have any problems..