• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CutContour in Versaworks

JellyFox

Hi,

I always read this forum and manage to find the advice I need, however, I'm struggling to find anything on this so this is my first post!

Here goes....

I'm trying to print and cut some small decals, the artwork has been done in Illustrator CS3, I'm using versaworks and have a SP300V.

The artwork is made up of vectors and I've used the Roland CutContour swatch (i've put this on a separate layer, using a stroke of 0.75 centre align)

When I drop the file into versaworks it wants to cut out every vector in the file rather than just the cut line.

How do I solve this??? I thought I could probably rasterize the artwork and add the cut layer on top which would probably work for this project, but will this not affect the quality of print?

I apologise in advance if this a stupid question!! I have only just recently purchased the printer and am not too familiar with versaworks.

scuba_steve2699

I would say without looking at your graphic that you have applied the CutContour color to the outline of all the graphics in your file. If you can post the file in question, we can better determine what is going on.

amw

Longtime Members
I would say without looking at your graphic that you have applied the CutContour color to the outline of all the graphics in your file. If you can post the file in question, we can better determine what is going on.
+1
I bet you are right!

Marsha

2B

I would have to agree with steve....also I'm not sure you need the cutcontour on a seperate layer. If it is make sure it is to the front...

we use VW on our VS640 and do not add cut line as its own layer, locate the far outside edge you are using as your contour shape then put a border on it in the cut color. Don't remember exact steps as I'm not the designer and CorelDraw is used

dlndesign

+1 with Steve, I'd also check to see if there are any overlaps on the art, you may have selected a layer of vectors that you can't see. My .02