• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutter not reading registration marks with signgold

Charlie J

I'm trying to cut some decals out of solvent printable signgold. My cutter isn't correctly reading the registration marks.

Any ideas?

I'm using a Graphtec FC-8000.

Shadowglen

are the marks a little transparent? I was told to cut out black vinyl the same size dots and put them over the printed ones and it will help. ? I was going to print on a blue metallic but have not tried it yet.

Charlie J

I ended up having to re-print and change the registration marks to manual mode. Talk about a super pain in the @ss....I got it done though.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 31 signgold decals.jpg
    31 signgold decals.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 121

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I'm trying to cut some decals out of solvent printable signgold. My cutter isn't correctly reading the registration marks.

Any ideas?

I'm using a Graphtec FC-8000.

I've had the same thing when printing on metallic silver. Most of the time I can save it by holding an LED flashlight right at the media under the sensor. It usually works but not every time.

Now, rather than take the chance, I just use Flexi's bomb sight marks and the built in light pen.

If the people at SAI would simply publish the size of the rectangle that their automatic marks describe then you could save a lot of prints that don't want to sense by using the plotters auto or manual mark sensing. All you need is the logical X and Y distances. The software knows them, why not just display them?

121a

^
I do that when I print on anything that isn't white (except I use white vinyl but the transfer tape sounds much cheaper and easier).

Every time i have a problem with my cutter reading the marks i put just regular old scotch tape over the cut marks and it reads em fine, guy i used to work for showed me it seems to work for me.