• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutter problem

Bigcat_hunter

I have a Q-42 vinyl express cutter(made by Graphtec). It is stopping about 1/3 of the way through a sheet with an error that says "mark scan error". I cancel it out then it says "mark sense level was not enough". I can the re-cut the whole sheet and it is ok, it just re-cuts over what it started before it stops.

What could be causing this? I have been running this cutter almost daily for about a year and just started getting these problems.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I have a Q-42 vinyl express cutter(made by Graphtec). It is stopping about 1/3 of the way through a sheet with an error that says "mark scan error". I cancel it out then it says "mark sense level was not enough". I can the re-cut the whole sheet and it is ok, it just re-cuts over what it started before it stops.

What could be causing this? I have been running this cutter almost daily for about a year and just started getting these problems.

There are a few tests in the menu and service menu that you can run to test your scanner & the level it needs set to.