• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cutter seems to be generating to much down force on initial cut

gabagoo

I have seen my cutter do this before in the past, but it must have resolved the problem on its own.
I can see when my vinyl is finished being cut that on the initial cut of a letter it seems as though the cutter digs to deep into the material for about a 16th of an inch or so. It does not do it on every letter.
I checked the silcone strip and it is fine, It seems to do it in about 6 areas and always on the initial cut of a letter and then seems to correct itself.

I wonder if it could be an electrical problem and the head is being forced down to hard.

Any ideas out there?

signage

I would check around the seliniod that moves the head down for lint/dust/dirt, blow out thos area with low pressure air then lube with a light oil! You will have to remove the cover around the head to do this!