• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting .010-.020 Polycarb Sheets

Ditchmiester

Guys I need a way to cut .010" or .020" Polycarb (lexan) down to size accurately and easily. I normally cut out the decals on my Graphtec plotter after printing but I find it more of a waste of time to set up the file and move it over to the Graphtec if I only need to print 2 or 3 decals. I think it would be faster to cut them by "hand". I don't need to contour cut these things because they are all either squares or rectangles. I can print cut marks on them but I'm having a hard time finding something that will cut Lexan easily and straight all the time. I've been looking at something like a Keencut Practik Cutter or a similar type cutter. Would this cut Lexan like i'm trying to do?

Ditchmiester

Yeah We use our track saw for cuttings thicker sheets of plolycarb also stuff that is rigid. I'm looking to trim film basically something that is very flexible. I've tried regular paper cutters but they don't cut worth a crap for the Polycarbonate. Thanks for the info though.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We use one of our paper cutters, if it's under 30". Over 30" we use our Keen cutter. That's good up to a little over 10'.

Ditchmiester

We cut a lot of .010 -.020 PC on our Rotatrim cutter. Cuts it perfect. Cutter is pretty expensive but is a quality machine. We got our 50" model at an auction. Best $85.00 I ever spent.

http://www.rotatrim.us/

Perfect. That's what i'm looking for. Yeah they do seem a little pricey but i'm going to hunt around for maybe a used one and can get a good deal on one. Thanks.